Sunday, September 21, 2008

New Calling

Exciting (?) news for this Sunday is that I got a new calling today. Not that I was released from my previous one (Primary pianist) -- just added a new one. Which is fine -- because I think being Primary pianist is about the best calling in the world!

Today I was called to be the ward organist. It's been awhile since I've really played the organ, so I'm hoping I'm not too rusty. I figure it might be a while before I make any attempt at pedals. The former ward organist is expecting her 6th baby soon -- I'm not even sure how long she's had the calling, so she is due for a break.

So I'm excited and a little nervous too. I know that Brian is definitely not excited -- he gets to have the kids all to himself while I'm up there. It will be good for him though. And now we have to be there plenty early too -- good motivator! Hopefully next week goes well!

2 comments:

noelle said...

hahaha... i was laughing about brian wrestling with the kids by himself. :) congrats on your new calling! oh, speaking of... i was called as primary president about a month ago. let's just say i could REALLY use a gayle humpherys as my secretary!!!! but seriously, if you have any good templates of stuff or fantastic ideas of song review stuff you can send my way... i would owe you for eons.

goldmania said...

Ha! We are blogger sisters now. :) That's so funny. Best of luck to ya. you're an old pro anyway.