First, today is the last day of my online photography class. I can still get into the online "classroom" to review the message board and photo critiques for a little bit longer (which is good, since I haven't had time to print out all the stuff I wanted yet), but the teacher is no longer available. I'm sad to see it end.
I am so glad I was able to take this class -- I learned so much! I feel like I can take my camera off the "auto" setting and actually have a slight clue about what I'm doing. Although I need lots and lots of practice still!
Second, last night (LATE last night) I got to the end of this book:
It's The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend it if you've never read it!This is the book our Relief Society Book Club is reading this month. Now if you know me very well, you know that I really don't do a lot of leisure reading. This is not because I don't like to read. I just have not yet learned the great balancing act of reading for pleasure and keeping up with the rest of my life. :-) I can have a hard time putting a book down, so it seems everything else gets ignored and neglected while I'm in the middle of a book. So usually I don't even pick one up to begin with (which is a shame, I know).
Anyway, my friend Emily has been encouraging me to participate in the RS book club. A few months ago, I actually did check the book club book out from the library (it was The City of Ember that month), but it sat on my desk pretty much unopened until after the book club met. I did have good intentions! I missed the next month completely, but decided to try again this time. And I did it! (Not that I didn't lose some sleep in the process...) I loved the book and am looking forward to my first-ever book club meeting at the end of the month.
I just learned that there are two sequels to this book and I'd love to check those out as well. But I think I need a little bit of "recovery" time to get caught up with life before I pick up the next one!
1 comment:
Congrats on reading!! I've been re-reading Eragon and Eldest, since the 3rd book comes out this weekend!!
Post a Comment