Saturday, September 6, 2008

It's the Weekend!

We made it through another week of school. I think we're all slowly getting into the routine of things. I've signed up to volunteer at the school in the "Einstein Lab" for McKay's class (and possibly doing other things, too) so that starts Monday morning. My friend Emily and I are going to swap babysitting so she can also help in her son's class later that morning, so I think that will work out good.

Friday when the kids got home from school, the girls were so excited to see a package had arrived from Grandma G. It contained a few old Barbie dolls that Grandma had come across, plus a bunch of clothes. (And we understand the dolls used to belong to Aunt Amy, so we thank you very much for sharing!) Now our girls have never really been that big into Barbies, but they had a blast with these. I think it was partly all the different clothes to try on!




Courtney was especially excited to see that one of the dolls had brown hair with blonde streaks in it. She kept saying, "It looks just like me!"


McKay spent his Friday afternoon out at the "wood pile." Brian brought home some wood from a tree he chopped down at the apartments and showed McKay how to try splitting the logs with the new axe.



Brian said this wood is really hard (I'm not sure what kind of tree it is) so I don't think McKay ever actually got a piece split off. But he sure tried hard -- love the concentration you can see in this one...


I think he expended the most energy trying to pull the axe back out for the next swing!


You've still got a long ways to go, McKay!



Then this morning was the second week of gymnastics class for Hannah & Courtney and the first week of ballet/tap class for Hayley. They are so cute and excited!


I signed them up for classes through the local Amarillo College. They seem to have a really good program and it is quite affordable. You sign up for a semester at a time. At first, I was going to just have Courtney try the gymnastics class. But Hannah was sad and wanted to do it too, so she agreed to contribute part of her allowance to the tuition. And then I saw that they had a ballet/tap class for Hayley's age at the same time in the same building for only $35 so I couldn't pass that up. They all love it! Parents only get to watch one day a month, but you can be sure I'll be taking pictures when the day comes!

Tomorrow is Hayleys 4th birthday -- where has the time gone? She had a little party today with a few friends and they had fun. I'll save those pictures (which didn't turn out that great -- I learned it's hard to concentrate on taking pictures when you're the one in charge of the party!) for tomorrow with some more pics of her actual birthday. Cross your fingers her cake turns out decent!

No comments: