Saturday, March 14, 2009

Once There Was a Snowman

With the heavy, wet snow we got yesterday, the girls couldn't resist going outside this morning to play a little before it all melted (and it was melting quickly). Before you knew it, they were set on building a snowman.


At first they were just picking up handfuls of snow and patting them into a mound.


Courtney came inside at one point complaining her feet were cold -- I told her what do you expect when you wear crocs with holes in them?


Then they realized they could roll the snow around, so that went a little faster and resulted in larger snowballs, although they picked up a lot of grass in the process.


The girls all went inside to warm up, but then Hannah realized they had forgotten the face, so she went back out to add one.


Introducing "Snowy" the snowman:


Hannah then decided to try adding a stick mouth, but poor Snowy got knocked over in the process of trying to attach it. But she stuck with it and put Snowy back together as best she could, then decided to turn him into a Texas cowboy. (He must have been wrestling with horses in the mud!)


I think the small pile of what used to be Snowy is all the snow we have left at the end of the day. (Unless you count the snow I found stashed in the freezer in Ziploc bags with a note indicating it is for Hannah's 2nd grade teacher...)

It's a great day to enjoy a nice fire in the fireplace (and a great way to get rid of all that scrap wood -- can you spot all the nails?)

1 comment:

Julie said...

How fun! I miss snow!! And I'm jealous of your addition! I didn't think it would be so much extra room...but it's huge!