Sunday, March 15, 2009

We interrupt this remodeling report...

...for a little story time!

Yesterday the girls were sitting at the table drawing and coloring. It is one of their favorite activities. This time, they were making animal "cards" by copying animal pictures from some books. Hannah especially is quite good at looking at a picture and then attempting to recreate it herself.



Courtney was also copying animal drawings.


I remembered that a while ago, they both decided to write their own "books." I was thinking it was about time for a blog post about something other than remodeling, so I scanned their pages and now you get to read their stories too!

First up is a little story by Courtney. In case you can't decipher her writing, I'll type her story beneath each picture.


Patches to the Rescue
by Courtney, age 6


Once upon a time there was a horse named Patches with a boy named James.

But! That night bad guys came and stole James and Patches woke up! ...


Patches busted out of the stable and ran after.



When they got there they put James on a table.


When the bad guys left, Patches snuck in.


Just when Patches broke the rope and used the rope as a reign.


Then they rode home. The End.

Stay tuned for more stories by Courtney and Hannah!

1 comment:

noelle said...

i LOVE their stories! seriously. you have raised some fantastically creative and imaginative kids. love it.