Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Roof!

I know it's been several days since I've had any updates, but we've been busy and working hard. (Again, I use the term "we" loosely -- I've been working at keeping kids entertained while Brian and his dad and brother are working hard on the house.) And now we have a roof!

We had the shingles delivered and all the kids were greatly impressed by the conveyer belt truck that loaded them right up onto the roof.


And who would have thought that we had snow two days earlier?

The shingles start to go up...



Brian took the camera up on top of the roof one morning and got a few shots.


Here's a "whole house" view from way back:


And it's finally done - hooray!



Now let the rain come! (well, okay, maybe wait until we get the windows in first...)

Brian's brother had to leave to go back on Tuesday. His dad is sticking around until next week to try to help with our windmill tower project. Here he is cutting some of the steel pipes:


We are very grateful for their help!

3 comments:

Melissa Oman said...

Yea!!!!! Congratulations! It looks great. I'm so happy that you got it done. (probably not as happy as you are.)

Unknown said...

It's really awesome how quickly everything got put up! It looks awesome BTW!

goldmania said...

Wow, you guys are moving along great, despite all the crazy weather and things. It looks sweet. From the pics it looks like it was supposed to be there all along. Will be so happy for you when it's all done.