But, for the most part, instant friends are a good thing. So it is when anyone comes to visit us -- instant friend! And even better when that friend happens to be a member of the family. We were all most excited to have Grandpa and Uncle Randy come to stay with us for a bit while they helped with our roof project. They arrived in the early morning hours so they were not up yet when the kids left for school. When the kids got home later that first day, Hannah was in tears that I wouldn't let her climb up on the roof to talk to Randy. Lots of tears. (Oh, the drama in the life of an 8-year-old!)
When Uncle Randy finally climbed down from the roof and the kids finally got to say "Hi" and give hugs, Randy told them to draw a picture of him. I have to share their drawings!
Here is Hayley's picture of her and Randy:

Courtney's picture:

And Hannah's picture (I'm not sure, but I think Randy gave her the idea for this one...)

So if you're ever in the neighborhood, please feel free to drop by! There will no shortage of smiles and hugs and chattering and even portraits drawn just for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment