Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy 40th!

Today was the BIG birthday for Brian -- number 40! (I really can't believe we're getting that old -- I'm not that far behind him!) I had thoughts once of doing a big party for him on this birthday, but we had a nice simple celebration instead. (And Brian's not a real big "party" guy anyway, so simple is okay!)

He requested a sweet-and-sour chicken recipe for dinner (we call it Mandarin Chicken). Of course, the kids won't eat it, so I always make extra plain chicken pieces to save out for them to eat. And he also requested a pineapple upside-down cake this year. I found a recipe on-line and thought it turned out okay.




I think all of the kids asked me where the frosting was. :-) And McKay and Hayley wouldn't even taste it, but everyone else liked it!

We had a couple of presents for him to open -- the kids also asked me several times why he didn't have more presents. As it was, he got a hanger for his ties and a basic bathroom scale (his request on that one).


Pretty exciting stuff! :-) Happy Birthday Brian - I love you!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hmmm... I wonder where you got the idea for the tie hanger! =) Actually, I ended up NOT getting one for Greg... so you'll have to tell me how Brian likes his!