Thursday, January 31, 2008

When Mom Gets Sick...

...life tends to come to a halt.

So yesterday I woke up not feeling all that great (sore throat and feeling like a lot of my energy had just been zapped) and gradually got worse as the day went on (fever, chills, etc.). Both Hannah & Courtney have been sick recently (similar symptoms), so we have had a lot of laying around on the couch!


I did manage to get a little cleaning done yesterday morning, but by the time the kids got home from school, I was huddled up on the couch with a big blanket. I must say that McKay really stepped up to the plate and was a great helper, doing everything I asked him to (and even his homework without complaining!).

We ended up just ordering pizza for dinner that Brian picked up on his way home from work. The kids were thrilled, of course, although Brian and I didn't think the pizza was all that great. I went to bed before 9:00 (while Hayley and McKay were still awake, even). I am feeling better today, but not 100% yet. Hopefully the worst is past - life is no fun when Mom is sick!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

hope you get feeling better!!!!

Amy said...

I really hope you're feeling better! I'm glad McKay was such a good helper!