Happy 7th Birthday to Hannah today!!
She was so excited about her birthday. She said to me several times, "I wasn't 7 yesterday, but now I am!" I dropped cookies off at school this morning for her class and we had presents and cake after dinner tonight.
Hannah requested a cat cake and I tried to follow an example I found on-line (she wanted the colors changed) -- this is how it turned out (not quite like the picture...)
She was a little upset when she saw I made the eyes green instead of blue (I forgot that part of her request) and she didn't seem to mind that the ears were about ready to fall off (actually, one did fall over but we propped it back up as best we could with lots of toothpicks).
She seemed excited about all of her presents.
This is an MP3 player she got from Grandma & Grandpa -- I was kind of surprised she actually knew what an MP3 player was. McKay seemed quite jealous of this gift. He got it all out and wanted to set it up, but Hannah was too distracted by all her other new stuff. When he went to bed, he asked me to check into how much an MP3 player costs (for him).
We had to pull her away from presents for cake and ice cream.
I think it took her 3 tries to blow out her candles (I don't think she got any the first blow!).
Then it was the big struggle to pull everyone away from the new toys (especially Hayley, who of course immediately "claimed" the Littlest Pet Shop toys) and get them all to bed. Fortunately, there is no school tomorrow (teacher work day for the end of semester) so we don't have to get up real early!
2 comments:
I think your cake is adorable (as always)!! Way too much work for me, that's for sure. We don't have school tomorrow either.
Happy Birthday to Hannah! (Did she get our card?) The cake is very cute... you are so talented.
Post a Comment