We tried taking turns, but inevitably we couldn't remember whose turn it was and so we continued to have daily struggles over the pink cup. Finally, somebody (I can't remember who) had the idea that it was just as good -- if not better -- to have a "match" between your plate and your cup. If you have the purple plate, you need the purple cup, etc. Believe me, the girls do not let Mom forget and get away with not matching!
Here's today's lunch, for example (sorry the picture is kind of dark):
(You can tell the girls were playing dance dress-up just before lunch!)
I've even noticed that if the girls fight about the pink cup initially and then the other decides instead to go for a "match" that the first one gives up the pink cup and takes a match instead.
Hayley has been my big helper setting the table recently and she always makes sure that the girl's cups and plates match. If a matching cup happens to be dirty, we have to wash it!
I'm really trying to work on "It doesn't matter WHAT color your cup is," but that lesson seems to be a little slow in coming. I guess the color of your cup does matter sometimes when you're a little kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment