Hayley got her very own really big bed tonight! Brian and I were talking last night about how she’s said several times she wants a bigger bed and wondered if we should try to sell her toddler bed (I've still been selling all kinds of stuff through our local online classifieds!). We had an extra twin bed frame in the attic (with headboard and footboard – used to be mine as a teenager), plus a box springs, but no mattress.
Brian went ahead and got it all down from the attic today and set it up. We checked on the online classifieds and found a listing from someone selling a twin mattress. So we went to look at it. It turned out to be an Indian couple in a small apartment who were getting ready to move back to India and selling all their furniture. They were using the mattress and box springs as a couch in their family room, right next to the kitchen. They also had an extra mattress as the “back” of the sofa. We ended up buying just one of their mattresses and when we got it home we realized that it definitely had the smell of curry! I sprayed it with Febreeze a couple of times and hope that gets out some of the smell.
I also found a cute bedding set today (on the online classifieds, of course!) for Hayley that hopefully will work out. It is a cute quilt with lots of pink and flowers that looks almost homemade, plus a pillow sham and matching sheets. There are a few marks and stains on it that might or might not wash out, so it is definitely "used," but I hope it works okay. (It's not like it's going to stay in pristine condition around here anyway.)
Hayley was really excited about it -- when I was taking a picture she wanted me to take this one of her pretending to sleep in her new bed!
1 comment:
Gee, that bed looks familiar...
Post a Comment