Just had to share the link for the recipe we tried for dinner tonight -- Garlic Chicken Farfalle from the blog of Becky Higgins (one of those scrapbooking experts). I have tried several of her recipes (including the Andes Mint Cookies!) and enjoyed them.
This dish tonight was definitly not low in calories, but it was sure yummy. We even convinced all the kids to taste it and all said they liked it, although Hannah wouldn't eat the bowtie pasta and McKay really only had a couple of bites. (Courtney ate at least 3 helpings, however!)
Be warned -- it makes a bunch! I want to fix it again the next time we have company for dinner. I don't know how well the leftovers will keep because of the cream and butter in the sauce.
I also tried Becky's technique for baking the bacon in the oven and it worked great -- so easy and so crispy (my favorite!). Next time we have bacon (which isn't very often), this is how I'm fixing it!
So, here's the link to her recipe section: http://www.beckyhiggins.com/recipes/
1 comment:
Looks yummy... I'll have to try it. We're supposed to have the missionaries over for dinner on Sunday, and it sounds like it might be good for that, but I think I might want to try it first before I serve it to company - to make sure I don't totally mess it up! If this makes a ton, though, then I don't really want to make it for just the two of us! I was planning on doing "Crockpot Chicken" - one of our favorites. Do you think I should try this one instead? I'll have to talk to you later about the bacon and how that worked for you - I tried doing bacon in the oven once but it didn't go so well... I would love to find a way to do it in the oven!
Post a Comment