My sister Amy did a "100 Facts About Me" post on her blog recently, which I enjoyed reading. I couldn't help thinking afterward what I might write on my own "100 Facts" page. And once I started thinking, I couldn't stop. I finally decided to start writing down my thoughts and over the past week or so have been gradually creating my list. I need to get it posted so I can think about something else!
Some of these things are pretty well-known and some are not very exciting, but maybe you'll learn something new about me! It was a good exercise in self-reflection at any rate!
So here goes... 100 Facts About Me
1. I have a good sense of direction and follow maps well.
2. I have a young-sounding voice and have been asked many times “Is your Mom there?” when I answer the phone.
3. I don’t like running/jogging and am overall not an athletic person.
4. I don’t like to eat eggs.
5. Mopping floors is probably my least favorite chore.
6. I tend to be a homebody and am not big on socializing.
7. I can’t wink.
8. I rarely eat out at restaurants, but enjoy it when I get the chance.
9. I don’t dust.
10. I have been known to play an online game or two for my kid’s WebKinz accounts.
11. I rarely wear any jewelry besides my wedding ring (I don’t have pierced ears).
12. I am terrible at parallel parking.
13. My feet get cold very easily, so I rarely go barefoot.
14. I am not very confident around power tools.
15. I make the best gingersnap cookies!
16. I have never gotten a speeding ticket.
17. I take a shower every morning and very rarely take baths.
18. I enjoy cooking and baking for the most part and trying new recipes, but they don’t always turn out quite like I hope (and they almost never look like the picture!)
19. I am not a very healthy eater.
20. I do not like “low-rider” pants.
21. I have no desire to have a pet.
22. I don’t like to wear high heels.
23. I have always wondered what I would look like if I grew out my bangs, but have never been able to stick with it long enough to find out.
24. I wear my tennis shows pretty much every day.
25. I enjoy using digital photos to create things for family members, like calendars, slide shows and cards.
26. I am not big on fashion – I wear the same basic shirt style almost every day (cotton knit – short sleeve or ¾ sleeve in colder weather).
27. I don’t like hiking (probably because I get winded so easily!).
28. I would choose a hotel over tent camping.
29. I like to create special cakes for my kid’s birthdays.
30. I enjoy singing.
31. I have little notepads and scraps of paper full of lists and notes all over my desk and counter.
32. I am way too familiar with probably all the episodes of shows like Angelina Ballerina, Baby Looney Tunes and many others.
33. I’m unfortunately not always the most patient mom when it comes to herding kids to bed or multiple middle-of-the-night wakings.
34. I don’t really like the beach (too much sand everywhere you don’t want it).
35. I like to think I’m organized, but for the life of me I can’t keep my kitchen counters clean.
36. I like to dress my girls in matching Easter dresses.
37. I am a WordPerfect diehard.
38. I’m terrible at bartering and negotiating.
39. I love the beauty of the mountains.
40. I wore contact lenses many years ago, but have switched to glasses full-time (and if I’m brave enough, I might consider laser eye surgery someday).
41. I enjoy being pregnant (except for the first few weeks and the last week or so).
42. I have served as the secretary of Primary, Young Women and Relief Society at church.
43. I know some of the struggles of infertility and was married for 7 years before having our first baby.
44. I love homemade rolls (but don’t take the time to make them very often).
45. I worked as a magazine editor (WordPerfect Magazine), have co-authored a couple of books (one computer; one scrapbook) and have done a bunch of freelance writing for both computer and scrapbook related titles.
46. I play the piano and years ago played the cello (but was never that good).
47. I earned a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education but have never taught school.
48. My first baby weighed 10 lbs. 6 oz. and my second was 9 lbs. 1 oz. (the other two were induced a little early!)
49. I like to get dressed as soon as I’m up – no lounging around in PJs all morning.
50. I graduated from BYU summa cum laude at age 20.
51. Potty training is one of my least favorite parenting tasks.
52. I love to sit and snuggle with my kids on my lap.
53. I am addicted to my kitchen laptop and can’t walk past it without the urge to check e-mail or the latest news headlines.
54. I tend to be a “conformist” and not want to rock the boat or do anything that might be considered “wrong” in any way.
55. I don’t like very spicy food (never more than “mild”) and am not very adventerous when it comes to more "exotic" cuisine.
56. I’m terrible at getting any form of regular exercise.
57. I have a sweet tooth especially for cookies and brownies (frosted sugar cookies being a big favorite!).
58. It drives me nuts to not be wearing a watch.
59. I actually enjoy getting toys picked up and sorted into their right place, but wish I could get my kids to share that enjoyment!
60. I’ve worked as a receptionist in a podiatrist’s office and a legal secretary.
61. I am always looking for things to try selling on the local on-line classifieds Web site. (And I’ve sold a lot of stuff!)
62. I do not like scary movies or haunted houses.
63. I don’t watch TV (with the exception of seeing all the shows my kids watch during the day).
64. I buy my kids too many toys.
65. I love taking pictures of my kids (and getting their pictures taken at a studio).
66. I’m basically a shy person.
67. I take a weekly trip to the library and make good use of the ability to request books on-line from home.
68. I keep journals on the computer for each of my kids to record milestones and funny things they say and do.
69. I talk to myself, usually telling myself what’s next on my list of things to do.
70. I hate shopping for clothes for myself.
71. I’m pretty good at writing little poems or words to songs.
72. I don’t scrapbook anymore (and haven’t for a long time) even though a lot of people think I am a scrapbook “expert.”
73. I learn things quickly.
74. I don’t like coconut or marshmallows (except I will eat them in Lucky Charms!)
75. I have been known (several times) to doze off while reading books out loud to my kids.
76. I can’t stand to leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight.
77. I’m not very good at thinking/speaking “on my feet”.
78. I’m the type of mom who carefully goes through each child’s backpack and school papers every day.
79. I avoid confrontation as much as possible.
80. I am a terrible breakfast eater.
81. I have a “chocolate stash” (usually M&M’s) that I sneak from too many times a day!
82. I do most of my Christmas shopping on-line and usually in October.
83. I don’t iron clothes unless absolutely necessary.
84. I love baking with my Pampered Chef stones.
85. When I have to make an important phone call, I usually “practice” what I’m going to say beforehand.
86. I have no sense for interior decorating and always feel clueless!
87. I like math.
88. I am not big on shoes and only own a few different pairs.
89. I spend too much time thinking of things to put on my blog.
90. I wish I had more time for working on home video and digital picture projects.
91. I’d love to take my kids to Disneyland or DisneyWorld.
92. I prefer e-mail to phone calls.
93. I always feel inadequate when it comes to fixing my hair and make-up.
94. I’d love to take another cruise someday.
95. I prefer non-carbonated beverages, especially with meals.
96. I’m not always good at communicating my feelings.
97. I’m the editor for a monthly newsletter for my extended family.
98. I stress myself out when I get overwhelmed with things to do.
99. I’m not a very good dancer.
100. I’m getting better at not being such a pack rat.
3 comments:
I'm so proud of you for doing it! I loved it! (I was definitely reminded that we really do have a LOT of things in common!)
Great job!
i feel like i know you a little better! that was fun reading! thanks for always having something new to read while i am aimlistly looking at the computer not doing the things i should be!
Thanks for sharing! When I ever get my blog started, I'll have to make my own list!
Post a Comment