Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bed of Weeds

The girls went outside after dinner tonight and I decided I'd better go check on them after a while when I hadn't seen them out the kitchen windows. I went out the front door and immediately heard Hayley crying (quite hysterically). She was "locked" in the bike trailer that McKay had left out in the driveway and couldn't get out from the inside. Apparently they were playing and Hannah had snapped the net cover on and then left with Courtney somewhere, forgetting all about poor Hayley. I don't know how long she had been crying -- poor thing!

After I got her out and she calmed down, we went to find the other two girls and see what happened. They were on the back side of the house, in the small fenced dog run area (not that we have a dog, but apparently the previous owners did). They were lying in the "grass" and gazing up at the sky. Apparently they couldn't hear Hayley's cries for help.

To make Hayley feel better, they offered to make her a "bed of weeds" too. And yes, we really need to mow the area around the house. This dog run area has more weeds or something than other parts around the front of the house. But I guess they make a soft bed (at least until the bugs start crawling on you!)


No comments: