Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Flora

We were out walking around the property a little bit this evening and I decided to take along my camera. I saw some interesting wild plants and flowers, so I thought I'd play with the close-up mode on my camera a little. Then I thought it might be fun to take pictures of all the different flowers around our house. We have some beauties! Some are just growing wild and others along the front were planted there (not by us). They are all so pretty (and a couple are pretty prickly too) -- enjoy!

This first set were all growing wild out in the fields:


A big patch of sunflowers blowing in the wind!


This next group are the ones planted in the areas around the front and side of the house:


The bees love this strong-smelling lavender bush (not sure if that is officially what it is, but that's what it smells like!)


Courtney was the first to notice that these purple flowers are "closed" up most of the day and open up a lot more in the evening hours.



I have no idea what these red and yellow flowers are, but I think they are so neat!


And I'll end with a picture of the sky as it was getting close to sunset:


What a beautiful world Heavenly Father has given us!

2 comments:

noelle said...

these are gorgeous! beautiful pics!

Sandra said...

Such beautiful pictures!! You'll have to get a flower book or something so you can identify them all!