Today was the first day of swimming lessons for the kids (done through the city Parks & Recreation Department). I signed them up for two 2-week sessions, so we'll be at the pool a lot during July!
I didn't take my camera today, but I'm sure I'll be taking some shots soon to share.
The kids were divided into classes of about 4-5 kids, depending on what ability level they're at (whatever the parents say when they sign them up). Most of the teachers were teenaged lifeguards. We got there just as they were calling the names for each class. We walked up and heard Hayley's name called (she is on Level 1) and they pointed her towards her teacher. Her teacher was probably the only non-teenager -- he was an older bald guy. Hayley took one look at him, then looked back at me and just burst into tears. I gave her an encouraging nudge and told her I'd be right there and she did go with him. I sat near her class and really liked what I saw of her teacher. He was just great with those little kids! Hayley was happy the whole time, got dunked several times and didn't mind and seemed to really enjoy it.
Hannah and Courtney are on the same level, but got put in different classes, which is probably a good thing for them. Hannah was the only one who got a female teacher. Every time I looked over at her, she was talking her teacher's ear off. Typical Hannah! They all said they liked their teachers. It will be interesting to see if they get the same teachers the next session or get all mixed up again.
Now they all want to go swimming to play and practice what they're learning. I guess we'll have to do that again soon!
1 comment:
You always seem to have something fun going on. :) Glad you are enjoying your new place so much. I love your paino!
Post a Comment