A couple of days ago, I noticed some lights on the dashboard of our Odyssey van. First, the "engine malfunction" light was on and then the "TCS" light starting coming on every time I hit about 30-35mph and would stay on until the engine was turned off. So we decided we'd better take it in to get checked out.
We dropped the van off at the Honda dealer on Friday morning. Brian picked us up and we all had to squeeze in the Xterra to get back home (there are only 5 seatbelts in the Xterra, so McKay had to sit in the very back area -- so of course the girls whined about why they couldn't ride back there too).
I got a call Friday afternoon from the Honda service guy. He said that apparently some kind of critter decided to build a nest up inside our engine and also started chewing on wires. He said it almost looked like there were two nest areas -- they pulled out a bunch of sticks and leaves (some of them were pretty thick pieces of wood). He thought maybe it was a squirrel, but we haven't seen any squirrels around our house (we don't have any trees). We've seen lots of rabbits and turtles, but I don't think either of those would be carrying sticks up inside an engine. The joys of living in the country! (I guess we need to hurry and clean out the garage so we can park in it.)
He called me back a little later and said all the wires were fixed and they drove it and it wasn't "throwing any more codes" so we could come and pick it up. We didn't get back there before they closed yesterday, so we went down this morning to get it.
We got back down to the dealer, paid a few hundred dollars for the wires they supposedly fixed and I loaded up the girls in the van and Brian and McKay left in the Xterra. Wouldn't you know it, a few hundred yards down the road and both of those lights came right back on. Aargh! So we turned back around and took it back to the dealer. He wasn't sure what was going on and the mechanic who worked on it wasn't in today, so they can't look at it again until Monday. I guess we get to be a one-car family and squeeze in the Xterra a few more times.
1 comment:
Wow, I definitely do not like car problems!!! Good luck fitting everyone in. It sounds like your kids like the change though.
We miss you guys, but it sounds like you are doing good. Our house is still for sale. We've had more people look at it, but it has been "under construction" since June.
I hope your car is fixed soon!
Post a Comment