I've been taking more pictures this weekend. Our challenge was to take pictures inspired by the word "blue" (in any sense it inspired us). Here are a couple of the ones I took:
I also tried taking one of the homemade rootbeer we made after we added dry ice:
And, I decided to post my sunrise picture for my class instructor to critique to see how it could have been improved. This was her comment:
When your camera's meter is reading a scene like this, it sees a lot of light and a lot of dark. It tries to find a happy medium. Since there was more light than dark, it exposed it to have it darker than maybe it truly was. I think the colors are beautiful. Try cropping out about half of that dark bottom and see how you like it. You hit the rule of thirds perfectly here but I think a more severe crop may make this more dramatic. It really is beautiful.
So I tried her cropping suggestion, and I do quite like the results. What do you think?
I also decided to upload my double rainbow picture as my second picture this week because I'd really like to know how that could have turned out better and brighter.
In other news, Julie & John and their two boys are still here with us (they've been here since last Tuesday, I think). John's been doing some work at the apartments and Julie's been helping me shop and decorate. We got some new bedding for our bed (bought some local and ordered some online) -- I am so excited to see it all put together! I'll be sure to put some pictures up. We also finally hung a few pictures up on the wall today.
And, our dining room table and chairs arrived -- hooray! I love the table and the extra room! (Picture coming soon.)
Finally, Brian and I both got callings in our ward today. I was called as a "Primary Worker," specifically for now to play the piano and possibly fill in to teach as needed. I am totally happy behind the piano and Courtney & Hayley went into Primary easier today (i.e. only a few tears instead of many) because I was going to stay in there. Brian got called to be one of the Elder's Quroum instructors (switching off with another teacher). He also got asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting next week!
It's going to be a busy Monday tomorrow -- cleaning, swimming lessons, errands and more! Have a great week!
2 comments:
I like the cropped picture! Although I'm sure it was much more beautiful in person.
You have some really nice pictures. It's a great hobby for you! Once again, Andy thinks they should all be poster size. :)
Post a Comment