Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fabulous Four!

Happy 4th Birthday to our little "bug" Hayley today!


Wow, how did she get to be 4 already? Hayley is our sweet little sunshine girl who loves books, animals, candy, dressing up like a princess, and snuggling on your lap. She knows how to write her name (although she can't always tell you what all the letters are!), is getting pretty good on the computer and makes up the cutest stories while she's playing. (She narrates the stories out loud to herself as she acts them out with her toys and I often catch her saying things like, "I don't want to go, she said sadly.")

She got to have a little birthday party yesterday with a few friends. It was pretty low-key, but I think everyone had a fun time. They did a little craft and some Play-Doh:

(This is the Play-Doh roller coaster they decided to make.)

We had lunch, then went downstairs for a couple of games and some fun with balloons.


Then we had our cupcake cones and ice cream cups (sorry this picture is so yellow!).


She was very excited to go to Primary today and have everyone sing a birthday song to her, but especially get her coupon for a birthday treat in the Bishop's office after church. We let her open her presents shortly after coming home from church.


She got a new Webkinz horse, among other things.


And our first Playmobil sets from Uncle Tyler and Grandpa & Grandma (thanks!).


Plus, she is officially a "big kid" as she got her very own scooter -- a purple one at that! McKay helped her put it all together.




The girls got busy right away with the Playmobil sets.



Hayley got to pick the dinner menu, so we had a change from our usual Sunday dinner and enjoyed homemade macaroni and cheese.


Then it was time for the cake! My friend loaned me this neat castle bundt cake pan to try out (Hayley said she was okay with a castle cake). I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it popped out of the pan very nicely! Here's what it looked like before it was frosted:


I also wasn't sure how to frost it without losing all the detail in the castle. My friend told me when she made one, she did a star tip in different colors, so I decided to try that. It definitely has some bare spots, but the kids thought it was great, so that's all that matters!


She specifically asked for NO "cha-cha-chas" during the Happy Birthday song (if you have kids in elementary school, you know what I'm talking about) and gave McKay a glare when he tried to quietly sneak one in!


It took several blow to get all the candles out, but she eventually did!


Happy, happy birthday to our fantastic four-year-old!


1st birthday...


2nd birthday...


3rd birthday...


4!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Hayley!

I totally got a kick out of the "NO cha-cha-chas!" Too funny. Good for her - I've never been a fan of the "cha-cha-chas" myself. (I've heard a LOT of "Happy Birthdays" sung in my third grade class with a LOT of "cha-cha-chas!" They totally interrupt the flow of the song!)

The castle cake turned out cute! How did the cupcake cones work out for you?

goldmania said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! What a fun day. and your cake looks great! You have so many wonderful talents.

Sandra said...

Amazing cake! You always do such a good job! I guess my kids were/are deprived because I've never done that!