Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day

After getting the kids on the bus this morning, I was in the kitchen emptying the dishwasher when I looked up out the window and was met by yet another beautiful sunrise.


I hurried out to take a few pictures, came back in, and looked out the window a few minutes later to another, well, simply breathtaking view.


It's a beautiful day!

Update: It's now just after 1:00pm and the skies are gray and cloudy and the wind is blowing like crazy so I wonder if a storm is brewing... (But, that's okay too!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are very beautiful pictures. I can't take pictures like that around my house, there are to many other houses that are in the way. I usually have to go somewhere to get really good sunrise and sunset pictures.

Anonymous said...

As the saying goes: "Red in the morning, sailors take warning" (meaning a storm is likely on the way). Whereas if you have a beautiful sunset, the saying is "Red at night, sailors delight" (meaning you should have good weather). I don't know how much science supports those statements, but I remember them from long, long ago.

Ashley said...

I can recall the gorgeous sunrises over Lake Livingston in the morning. Even prettier because it reflect off the water! Once again, gorgeous pictures!

goldmania said...

THat is so nice!!! I should order a copy.