Thursday, September 11, 2008

On the Wall!

Just had to share my latest "project" -- finally completed! (I have a lot of projects on my list, many of which unfortunately only get partially done -- if that.)

Since starting my photography class (which ends next week!) I have wanted to get some of my own pictures framed and hanging up on the wall. Not that I think I'm a fabulous photographer. I'm excited about what I've learned, but I know I have a long ways to go! But I'm especially happy that I feel like now I know how to use my camera for more than just the auto setting.

So I finally got some of my pictures printed and framed and finished hanging them last night! I used to have an 8x10 picture of each kid (taken at JC Penney) hanging on the wall. Now I have this:


These are hanging in our family room (right above McKay's desk between the front door and the office if you're familiar with our house). I'm thinking I might want to try to get a different one of Hannah -- hers seemed to print a little dark.

And then last night I put these up:


These are some of my favorite scenery photos (5x7), hanging in our bedroom sitting area right next to where my computer desk is. (Sorry about the reflections -- there are so many windows it's hard to eliminate them.)

I also have this group up in our bedroom, although these are not pictures I took myself (but I still like them!):


I love surrounding myself with pictures of beautiful people and places that I know and love! Now I just need to go update some of the other frames I already have up...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you did a really nice job and I love those sayings you have and putting the pictures underneath the sayings. I have a small plaque that says Enjoy the Journey on it. The hallway going towards the master bedroom, we have several pictures that I have taken and also some that Will has taken and I would like to put some more pictures up someday soon I hope. Plus, I am doing the Fall Arts Festival again this year and it is in a few weeks and I hope the weather is better this year

noelle said...

those look beautiful! and i really love your wall paints... :)

Amy said...

They look great. Did you print them yourself on your printer, or have them printed somewhere else?