McKay the VAMPIRE
Now normally, McKay's costume selection shies away from anything remotely considered "scary." His selection of a vampire this year stems from the fact that he listened to one of the audio books in the Twilight series. (He happened to be with Brian once in the truck when Brian was listening, so McKay wanted to continue with the story.) He listened to it on his little MP3 player during his long bus rides. Now he is anxiously waiting for the other books to come in at the library so he can read those (we have been on the waiting list for awhile!).
You will note that he does not have any of the usual vampire "accessories" -- vampire teeth, face paint, fake blood, etc. That is just not McKay's thing.
Hannah the SKELETON
You might recognize this particular skeleton from last year. Hannah chose the same costume again (it was originally McKay's two years ago) and that's just fine by me -- one less costume to worry about!
Courtney the WITCH
Courtney decided she didn't want one of the hand-me-down costumes this year and picked a witch, so we got this simple costume. She ended up not keeping the hat on after pictures -- I guess it didn't fit quite well enough! But she makes a very cute witch nonetheless!
Hayley the BAT PRINCESS
Hayley picked the costume that Courtney wore last year -- the "bat princess." But she simplified it quite a bit as well. She left off the little bat mask, some bat "wings" (made of sheer fabric) that velcro on the shoulders and wrists and a bat emblem that velcros across the top of the chest area. She also had the entire costume on backwards (the back section is purple). I had her turn it around for the pictures, but the minute we were done, she turned it back around and wore it backwards the rest of the night (I guess no one would know otherwise!).
And I had to throw in this picture -- it just made me laugh. I was trying to get the camera settings for her face (by getting in close) and she was obviously miffed about something at the time!
There'll be more Halloween pictures coming...
2 comments:
I really love the look on Hayley's face, I think its priceless, even if she is mad about something. Just a very cute picture.
Very cute costumes! I don't have to worry about that anymore. Kent has never liked to dress up, so he's done. And Kelsey can't wear costumes at school, and she's too old for me to buy her anything, so I told her she's on her own from here on out! What a mean mom!
Post a Comment