Every Friday morning, the kid's elementary school has "Fab Friday" -- a short pep rally-type assembly in the gym. I'm not sure what they do every week, but I know different grades and classes help participate. For example, one week the 4th grade sang a song they had learned in music. Next week, the 2nd grade is doing a presentation about the election and Hannah has a small part to memorize.
This morning, McKay's class (and one other 4th grade class) also did an election presentation. The kids have been working on learning about the election process and the candidates and the issues they stand for. They presented some of their projects to the school at Fab Friday this morning. The teachers also said the 4th grade is going to go around to the other classes and register all the kids to vote, then the school will hold a mock election the Monday before Election Day. So today they were trying to present both candidates to the kids to help them be more familiar with them.
McKay's assignment was to work with a partner on doing a commercial for Obama. He really wanted me to come and watch, so Hayley and I drove to the school this morning. The kids were up on the small stage in the gym.
The kids had note cards to help them and they did a good job. There were two commercials each for Obama and McCain, a couple of short presentations on the election process in general and then several kids read statements about different platform positions and the kids watching had to vote if that was a position of Obama or McCain.
We spotted Courtney sitting on the front row (and she saw us) and as soon as the presentation was over, she saw me taking pictures so she scooted way out for me. :-) I've trained her well, haven't I?
I never could find Hannah in the sea of kids, but we did catch her as she lined up with her class afterward.
We'll be back next Friday to watch the 2nd grade's presentation!
No comments:
Post a Comment