Or is it the other way around?
Our sweet new dog, Molly, is just itchin' to "roam the land," but I'm not quite ready to let her. Today Hayley wanted to take Molly for a walk, so we put on her leash (I bought one of those retractable leashes) and we headed off. Hayley thinks she can hold the leash all by herself, but it was all I could do to hang on for the ride! I'm afraid this poor dog is going to choke herself to death the way she pulls and pulls. I think she was the one taking me for a walk! You can totally tell she just wants to run and chase butterflies and bunnies. I hope someday soon she can. I'm just worried that she hasn't been here long enough to know that this is home and if we let her run free, she'll take off for distant lands and never come back.
She actually did get out of the dog run briefly on Sunday afternoon (the first day she was here). Maybe that's why she's so anxious to run and chase every time we've taken her out on the leash since then. Courtney accidentally let her out and she took off. She was running circles around the house (better than that a straight line down the road) and chasing all kinds of bugs and birds. She caught sight of a little bunny at one point and just took off after it until I think the bunny ducked down a hole. I have read that her breed (Springer Spaniel) make good hunting dogs.
The kids and I were pretty worried we would never be able to catch her, but finally she came back up near the house and stopped for a little potty break so we grabbed her collar and got the leash back on. I'm taking her to the vet and to get groomed tomorrow, so hopefully she'll be a cleaner, happier, healthy dog!
1 comment:
Well, at least you'll be getting lots of exercise!
Post a Comment