Despite the seemingly never-ending wind, we now have four walls up! Yay! The strong wind has definitely been a detrimental factor, but since they are predicting even possibly worse weather later in the week (rain and even a chance of snow), the men decided to press forward today with the walls.
Yesterday, most of the walls were built but not raised up due to the strong winds:
This morning, we brought up a couple of extra workers from our apartments and got first one wall up:
Then two:
Then I thought they had decided to quit for the day (at least quit working up on the roof) because the wind was getting so bad, so the "extra" workers left. Later in the day, however, Brian, Randy and their dad (with a little help from McKay) managed to get the remaining two walls up:
Yay for walls!
Tomorrow we hope to get started on the roof rafters if the wind feels like cooperating.
And I just have to share part of the lovely mess that greeted me in my closet this morning:
We have a pull-down attic door in the closet that apparently the wind blew on enough to drop a bunch of insulation everywhere (it's also all over the floor, which is easier to clean up than all over my clothes). And speaking of cleaning up, I haven't done that yet, so I'd better go get busy. Ugh -- the joys of remodeling.
3 comments:
I love reading your remodeling stories. I understand the pain of having everything a mess, disorderly, and trying to go on with normal life.
It looks like you guys are coming a lot good. I hope the wind dies down though!
Yea for walls! You will have the whole addition done before you know it. I'm sure the extra space will be nice to have. Maybe you can send the guys to my house so they can add a level to my house... :)
these remodeling posts always leave me speechless and in awe. i can not, and i mean can NOT imagine bruce and i ever undertaking such a thing. ever ever. you guys are my heroes. truly.
Post a Comment