Thursday, July 24, 2008

More Pictures!

For lack of other news (our van is back at the dealership hopefully getting wires repaired for the last time -- and we do agree with my dad that it's probably rats building the nests in the engines), I thought I'd share a few more of the pictures I've been taking as part of my photography class. Some definitely turn out better than others and I still feel like my head is swimming sometimes when I have to try to think about how to set the camera, but I do like taking pictures! I hope you're not getting too tired of seeing them!

A few scenery shots:




Our last weekend's assignment challenge word was "metal" (the previous week it was "blue") -- here are my metal inspired pictures:



A couple more critters spotted in the yard (no surprise it was Courtney who came and picked up each of these):



Hayley practicing her letters (that's her Aunt Julie's hand in the picture) -- she can write her whole name now, even though if you ask her what the letters are, she'll say "I don't know!":


Courtney on the back patio (in the second shot she was riding past me on her bike -- I snapped a quick picture and thought it turned out good even though she wasn't really smiling):



More attempts at finding good lighting indoors (you can see part of our new bed frame -- I'll have to post a new picture soon):




And finally a couple more portrait attempts (outside in the wind):



I'm taking the camera again to swimming lessons tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some good shots. We've started session two so the kids all have new teachers. More about that later!

3 comments:

Tyler said...

I like that first picture with the moon (is that the moon? It looks too dark for it to be the sun). I like how it is very bright and seems to glow. I think it's a really neat picture. I also like the picture of the fence for some reason. I think it looks nice.

goldmania said...

These all look GREAT!! I wish I was in your class. how fun. This is such a great hobby you have. Your kids will really appreciate it when they are older. Maybe I should just send my kids out there. :)

Gayle said...

Yes, Tyler, the first picture is of a full moon. I was trying to get the moon over the distant city lights, but kept getting blurry lights. This was the best of the ones I took.
And Brian really liked the fence picture too!