Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Piano Arrives!

Our "new" piano got delivered this morning! In case you were wondering how they move a 6'1" piano, I took a few pictures. :-)

First, they bring in the detachable parts (pedals, lid, legs):



Then they carefully roll the piano in:


attach the legs...


the pedals...


...the lid and it's ready to go!


Hannah was excited to try it out (as was McKay):


We put it in the corner of our family room over by the master bedroom (we figured there was the least amount of "traffic" over there). Here's the view from standing in front of the kid's bedroom:


We're very excited to have it here! We did discover one concern this afternoon when we checked the serial number on Yamaha's Web site -- all Yamaha pianos are made in Japan, but this seems to be a piano that was made for Japan (as opposed to North American markets and climates). Perhaps that is why we got such a great deal on the price. We plan to call the dealer on Monday and talk to them about it -- hopefully it won't be anything to worry about.

There is music in the air!

4 comments:

Julie said...

wow Gayle, your house looks so cozy! Although we don't play the piano, Michael and I are jealous!

Audrey said...

It was a great weekend. We had a lot of fun. I can't believe you got a full grand piano. It's beautiful. You're house looks huge. And it sounds like you are getting settled in. :) I hope all is well.

Sandra said...

It looks awesome!!

Ashley said...

I am so jealous!!!! Though, my upright serves me just fine I guess.