Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another Critter

Just have to share the latest critter at our house:

Actually, the kids found this lovely creature (yes, that is a tarantula) outside the house somewhere. I have seen several of them (usually in the middle of the highway) while I'm driving around and people have mentioned how they are fairly common here. McKay caught it and apparently enough people have told him they are harmless that he wasn't scared a bit.

I know they are harmless too, yet there is something about a huge spider that still is a little unsettling. And right now the jar is still sitting on my kitchen counter...

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I agree that even though they're harmless, they still look really creepy!! I'm glad I don't have them at my house!

Marianne said...

I just have one word - yuck!!! I do not know how you can stand to have that in your house.

Ashley said...

no thanks...I'll pass

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that they are harmless? I've seen a tarantula try to attack. Of course Mike was provoking it and poking it with a stick. It looked mean and wanted to kill someone I think. After Mike got it riled up he got back in his car and ran it over a few times. He's sure brave.