Yesterday afternoon we kept our annual tradition of frosting Halloween sugar cookies. I don't make sugar cookies nearly as often as I'd like to eat them (one of my many favorite sugar treats!), but we try to do them every Halloween.
This year we got to share our frosting and decorating party with our good friends, the Roberts family. We were over at their house, as we have been almost every weekend this fall, to watch the BYU football game. (They get the all-important satellite channel that carries most of the BYU games.) While the dads watched the game (and the moms checked on the score occasionally), the kids got to get sticky!
We even tried out some black food coloring (it turned out a little gray, but still better than we could have got by mixing colors).
You can never have enough on top!
And of course, you've got to taste one (or two, or three...)
Finger-lickin' good!
3 comments:
i keep seeing all these delish sugar cookie posts on other people's blogs. this must be a sign. i need to break out my mixing bowl and just do it. the kids are home this week, so this may just have to be one of our must-do activities...
I can't remember the last time I did that....maybe I'll have to get Kelsey the recipe and let her have at it, since she loves to bake!
OOOhh, those are my favorite. Guess I'll have to go make some tomorrow. Yum!
Post a Comment