Friday, October 3, 2008

Flu Bug

It seems the stomach flu bug has found it's way to our house. Yuck. I really do not like the flu bug. (Warning: If you don't like to read about the stomach flu, skip this post!)

We started off Wednesday morning when the school nurse called and said that Hannah was sick. Apparently, she had thrown up on the school bus going to school that morning. When she got to school, she said she went to the nurse's office but the nurse wasn't there yet, so she just went to class and didn't say anything until lunch when her tummy started hurting again. So I went to pick her up (about 11:30 by then) and she got the afternoon off (she never did throw up again and was able to eat a little dinner).

That same day, Courtney brought home a note from the Kindergarten teachers that said there was a bad flu bug going around kindergarten. Thursday morning, all 3 kids seemed fine, so they all went off to school. When they got home that afternoon, I learned that Courtney had thrown up on the school bus on the ride home. (The poor bus driver!) She seemed to get it a little worse than Hannah as she threw up many more times that evening until bedtime.

Then Hayley started throwing up at dinnertime (sigh) and also threw up several times. I was worried that it was going to be a long night with those two (and of course I had just changed their sheets that morning), but although they tossed and turned and moaned and cried a lot right after going to bed, neither of them threw up during the night. (Whew)

Then I started feeling not so great last night and had to get up a couple of times (but didn't actually throw up). I am still feeling queasy today but hopefully it won't get any worse.

The best news seems to be that it is a short-lived bug. Both little girls seem fine this morning and are happily playing (I kept Courtney home from school). So I'm just crossing my fingers that we're about done with it!

1 comment:

goldmania said...

oh I am so sorry. I hate being sick, especially with kids. Hope it's a short one and you feel better soon. We're getting over colds if that cheers ya up a little. Course, throw up is a little worse than buggers to clean.