Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Bunk Bed Club

I went to check on the kids this afternoon (after McKay asked me if he could get a blanket out of my room) and this was the site that greeted me in the girl's room:


They were all inside the "club" with pillows, drinks, books and who knows what else. Bunk beds are great for making forts and clubs and such! I only wish they were so great when it came to changing the sheets. Man, I do not look forward to changing the sheets on these beds. It is a pain because it is so tight around the railing to get everything tucked in.

I have noticed that both girls constantly push the top sheet down to the bottom of their bed, so they are really only sleeping under the comforter. So at the beginning of the week when I changed Hannah's sheets, I decided to just not put the top sheet on. Made it much easier in terms of making her top bunk. I was quite surprised when she got into bed that night and got a little panicked when she couldn't find the sheet. I told her I hadn't put it back on and she burst into tears. She cried and cried about how it kept her warm and she needed it, etc. I told her I would put it back on the next day (that means changing the sheets again...ugh) and the only way to console her that night was to put her blanket on top to make up for the missing warmth the sheet provided. :-) She can be such a funny girl sometimes.

I've got lots to do to get ready for my trip to Colorado this weekend. I'm way excited but it's a big job to get everything ready for me to leave here.

No comments: