
I took McKay in to the eye doctor this afternoon to get his eyes checked out. I had to pull him out of school about a half hour early (the two little girls were at a friend's house and Hannah had instructions to go to a neighbor's when she got off the bus).
McKay was a little nervous about what to expect, but everything went fine (as the assistant pointed out, you don't have to worry about shots at this doctor's office). He has very mild myopia (near-sightedness) and the doctor predicts it will continue to worsen as he gets older. He said glasses would be recommended for school to read the board and such, but not needed around the house at this point. His left eye is a little worse than his right eye (which is something McKay had already noticed). The doctor said right now he is probably 20/30 in his right eye and 20/40 in his left, so it's not bad, but is bad enough that glasses will make an improvement for him.
We didn't actually order any frames or lenses today -- we are still trying to figure out the best way to manage all this since we didn't enroll in vision insurance coverage this year (didn't anticipate any vision needs!).
McKay will hopefully be good about wearing his glasses once he gets them (and not losing them). He made a couple of comments to me about not wanting to wear them, but I heard him telling Hannah in an excited voice that he gets to go pick out frames, etc.
2 comments:
Kelsey was probably in 2nd grade when she got her glasses. Her biggest problem was recess. I think we had to replace 2 pair glasses that first year because she'd get them knocked off at recess, etc. And when you'd tell her just to take them off at recess, she would, but then she'd forget to put them back on. Hopefully McKay will do better!
I DID NOT TELL HANNAH THAT I WAS EXCITED! ! !
I HATE GLASSES
now pleas STOP TALKING ABOUT
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment