The downside of going to the park in the morning is that Hannah is terribly upset when she comes home from school and finds out where we went. So I told her that we'd try to go to a park on Monday since the kids are out of school for Columbus Day.
Anyway, here are a few pictures from the park!
Playing in the train:

Hayley in one of the big swings (handicap-accessible swings):

Courtney had fun trying this rotating wheel:

And this was Hayley's favorite way to "slide" down these rollers (kind of a unique slide). The only problem was she'd pinch her fingers a little at the bottom when she'd try to get off. But that wasn't enough to deter her from doing it again!

And a cute picture of the sisters in the parking lot before we headed home:

Today these two girls were playing "style" with their stuffed animals and asking me to take pictures to print. I took this one at the end of both of them and thought it was cute as well!

And finally, a couple more to share. (I'm realizing I need to take a few more pictures of Hannah & McKay!)
Courtney in her preschool T-shirt (they wear once a month on "pizza day"):

Hayley in a familiar scene -- the kitchen table covered with crayons, papers and lots of coloring! The girls go through phases of drawing their own pictures or having me print out pages from the Internet for them to color in.

Oh-- I almost forgot the other "news" to share. I have made an appointment to take McKay to the eye doctor in a couple of weeks. On our drive home from Dallas last weekend, we discovered that McKay doesn't see very well in the distance (we were having him read signs coming up and he couldn't read them until we had almost passed them). When we asked him more, we discovered he has a hard time seeing the board in math class where he sits in the back (his teacher has since moved him). He also just did the vision screening at school and said it was "very hard." So off we will go to the eye doctor on the 16th to see if he needs to wear glasses. (It wouldn't surprise me since both Brian and I have bad vision -- or at least Brian used to!)
McKay also got his part assignment for the 3rd Grade play, which will be on Nov. 15th. The play is along the lines of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and he got the part of "Narrator 1." He has several lines to learn and he is the very first one to speak in the whole play! He is excited, but a little nervous I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment