Monday, October 8, 2007

Columbus Day

The kids had the day off today for Columbus Day. Since when is Columbus Day a no-school holiday? I don't think they even had it off last year. We didn't do anything super exciting. We still had regular Monday laundry, cleaning and piano lessons. It seems like I spent a good part of the day bugging the kids to get them to help clean up. McKay was not surprisingly the most resistant to picking up toys. ("But it's my day off!" "But it's too hard!" "But I don't like it!", etc.) Struggled a little with him today in that regard.

We did find a few minutes to stop at a little park before we headed to Wal-Mart for a few groceries (and a small pumpkin Courtney has to take to preschool tomorrow).

Here's McKay and Hannah trying out this teeter-totter contraption:


Hayley pausing for a brief picture...


Courtney climbing (and losing her shorts!)...


McKay trying one of these spinning stool things. I don't know what they're officially called. They had 3 of them -- little stools that were angled so that when you sat on them and got a little momentum, you'd start spinning around -- and it is really hard to stop! I kept thinking that could be kind of dangerous for a kid if there wasn't anyone nearby to help him get off. Even McKay needed help stopping.


And finally, Hannah talking to Courtney through one of the "telephones" ...


...and listening for the response



(again, not sure what these are called -- they have two at different places in the park and you can talk to someone at the other end)

Tomorrow Hayley's preschool group is taking a little field trip out to a place called the Oil Ranch with pony rides, hay rides, cow milking, etc. It should be fun!

No comments: