Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Preschool Party

Yesterday, I got to go in to Courtney's preschool class at the end of the day for their Fall Party. The kids wore their costumes for a "Storybook Parade" that morning and they got to go trick-or-treating to the other classrooms. I always enjoy being able to visit the kid's classrooms at least once during the year, just to get a feel for where they spend their day!


I also like to take a picture of the kids with their teachers. So here is Courtney with her teacher Miss Jennifer:



And this is Ms. Lisa, the assistant teacher:


While I was there for the party, Miss Jennifer came up to me and told me me that during their chapel time each week, they have a microphone and the kids can put in requests for the prayer roll (her preschool is at one of the local Methodist churches). She said that Courtney recently prayed for "mom and the new baby.” Miss Jennifer asked Courtney if she was sure about the baby and Courtney said she was. So Miss Jennifer was verifying with me and I told her that was all news to me! When I asked Courtney about it, she just giggled like she knew she was making it up, and when I questioned further, she tried to cover for herself by telling me that “Hayley is the baby.” What a silly girl -- she can really tell some stories sometimes!

No comments: