Sunday, October 7, 2007

Snip, Snip

I know some will think I'm nuts, but I cut Hayley's hair today -- probably 2-3 inches off. It was getting quite long and a huge battle every morning to comb it and pull it out of her face. It seems that my girls do better with shorter hair because it doesn't tangle so easily. (Plus, I am fairly inept when it comes to fixing hair, so I never knew what to do with longer hair anyway in terms of styling.)

First of all, this morning she agreed to try pigtails:



They looked pretty cute, but had pretty much fallen out by lunchtime. After lunch we got ready for the haircut.



She was mostly cooperative, but 3-year-olds can only sit so still and keep their head so straight. And I am definitely not the most talented when it comes to cutting hair (hair and I just don't seem to "mesh" at so many levels...).

Here is the finished result:


It is definitely not perfect. If you look closely at the back, you will see many different lengths of hair! I need a better hair-cutting lesson for little girl's hair. But it will grow.

This was one of the piles on the floor. A little sad to see the beautiful blonde locks fall to the ground, but I think we will all be happier with the shorter version!


No comments: