Sunday, March 2, 2008

Gymnastics Girl

Saturday was Courtney's last gymnastics class at the YMCA. They actually had one more make-up class (due to a canceled class a couple of weeks ago), but they unfortunately decided to schedule that for a Sunday, so Courtney couldn't go.

She has seemed to enjoy the class, although it's hard to say how much she actually learned from it in terms of gymnastics skills. I'd love to get her into a more "official" gymnastics program someday. This particular Saturday also happened to be a Primary activity, so I let Courtney choose which to go to. She picked gymnastics (which was just fine).

I snapped a quick picture of the kids when I dropped them off at the Primary activity. They were doing a "Called to Serve" activity and got assigned a mission when we arrived. Our three kids got the Mexico mission (I think this was mainly to divide the kids up into groups for rotating).


Here are some pictures of Courtney at her last gymnastics class (in her pigtails!).

Doing warm-ups (she is quite flexible!)...


A backwards roll...



A diving forward roll...


Jumping off the springboard...


And walking sideways on the balance beam...


I hope she can continue with some gymnastics in the future!


(And speaking of Courtney, the last few weeks have been a big struggle with her in terms of preschool drop-off. Just out of the blue, she has started saying she doesn't want to go to preschool, cries every preschool morning and refuses to get out of the van when I drop her off at car-line. I have tried every angle I can to talk to her/reason with her, her teachers have talked to her and we cannot figure out what is up. She will usually say that she doesn't want to go because she misses me (although I've gotten other reasons from her). When I pick her up, she is always happy and excited and tells me how preschool was "super-fun" that day. Her teachers tell me she is a little sad/teary in the mornings but perks up before too long and is just fine the rest of the day. I really don't know what else to try and it's getting very frustrating to deal with this every preschool day (twice a week). I hope we can all get it figured out soon!)

No comments: