Thursday, March 27, 2008

Love Notes

Hannah & Courtney decided to write me some little heart-shaped notes this afternoon (among other paper craft "projects" going on at the kitchen table). I just have to share them!

Hannah wrote me this note (I've corrected her spelling, which is getting better!):

Dear Mom
Here is a poem of why I like you.
Mom looks up at the blue blue sky,
And you will always be loved as the love passes by.
Here is a song of love.
Constant stars of you above,
Always know that you are loved.
As my love shining in you,
Will help your dreams come true.
Love,
Hannah

So then Courtney decided that she wanted to write me a love note too. She has been trying lately to write more on her own and sound out words, but at this beginning stage it is usually just letters on the page. The other day she wanted to write a story and had written a couple of lines of letters, but apparently forgot what she had already written, so she asked me to read it to her. I couldn't decipher any of it, so I told her that she was the one who needed to read it to me. She couldn't decipher it either!

So I was quite impressed to get this note from her today. And I will leave her spelling exactly as she wrote it:

DEER MOM
YEEW UR DHE BESD MOM

(Translation: Dear Mom, You are the best Mom)

I love getting love notes!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hannah is definitely quite the little writer! That is too cute.