Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break

Today is the beginning of Spring Break. We don't have very many exciting plans, unless you count cleaning and painting as exciting. :-) Although, we are planning to go up to my uncle and aunt's house (except for Brian) one day for a break and to visit with them and my two cousins who will also be there.

Hannah came downstairs this morning and excitedly told Hayley (who was already up), "I don't have to go to school today!" Then she announced that she had thought of a poem and hurried over to the table to write it down. It's actually more of a little song (which she sang for me). Here it is:

"No School"
No school today (clap clap clap clap)
Cause it's Monday (clap clap clap clap)
And it's Spring Break (clap clap clap clap)
And I can't wait (clap clap clap clap)
For Summer too (clap clap clap clap)
Ya-hoo!

I had to run a quick errand over to Kroger a little while ago (although having to take all 4 kids with me is definitely anything but quick). I saw one of the workers with some kind of green headband thing on and it dawned on me that it is St. Patrick's Day. I hadn't even thought about it! For the past several years, I've taken a picture of all 4 kids wearing green shirts, but I don't even think they all have green shirts this year. Oh well... Happy St. Patrick's Day anyway!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Well, since Kelsey was planning her outfit last night (which, of course, had to include green!), she reminded both me and Victor (and Kent) that we needed to wear green, too! I probably wouldn't remember if I didn't have the kids to remind me!