Just had to post a quick update to my hair help request last week. My sister Sandra got some great tips from her friend (thanks!) so I was brave enough to try a couple of new things!
The first tip was just a variation of a ponytail/pigtail -- just "flip" the ponytail underneath for a cute little knot. I tried this on Hannah Saturday morning and of course, she didn't like it so we had to take it back out and find a headband. But Hayley was willing to try and it turned out cute (even though you can't see the top of her head very well in the picture)!
Courtney also wanted something different on Saturday. She requested two pigtails, so we tried that. The hair in the back wasn't quite long enough, so we just left that hanging down. She did cry about the hair pulling as I put in the pigtails, but then she liked them.
Both Courtney & Hayley got haircuts today (along with McKay and Brian). So now their hair is a little shorter (not an awful lot). I've decided Hayley's hair is the hardest to cut. It is finer than the other girl's hair, so it slides around more and is really hard for me to get even. Courtney's hair still has a slight wave to it, so it doesn't matter so much if it's not exactly even! (And we were looking at some old video of her recently when she was 1 1/2 - 2 years old and I forgot how curly her hair used to be!)
Today for church we tried two little ponytail flips on the top of Courtney's head. (That is a big scratch by her eye that she got from a bush while playing outside.)
I thought it turned out cute and hope that Hannah will be willing to let me try someday. She has school pictures on Tuesday, so I'm crossing my fingers we'll get something besides a headband over messy hair! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment