Friday, March 14, 2008

The Word is Out

Well, the word is getting out -- we are moving! We have only told a handful of people so far, but now that our house is hopefully only a week or two away from going on the market (and Brian has talked with one of his co-workers who is also in our ward), we are no longer trying to keep the news quiet. We told McKay it was okay to tell people if it came up. (He has been very resistant lately to the whole idea of moving, which he was excited about initially.)

So now comes the big push to get this house in shape. We decided to try to do all the painting ourselves (I'm still a little worried about those high, high ceilings in the entry, but Brian thinks we can do it). Brian started on the kitchen last night. I have been cleaning blinds and cabinets and trying to pack up non-essential stuff. I still need to hurry and get going on baseboards and doors. We are getting some bids on capret -- we have to replace the carpet in the whole house, and we have a LOT of carpet! That's going to be fun because we'll have to move the furniture in and out of each room as the carpet gets put in. We also need to get the outside cleaned up and looking good. So much to do!

So wish us luck with all these projects! I hope it all comes together without us falling apart. :-)

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Definitely not an easy task! So take it one step at a time and I'm sure it will all work out! Good luck!

Amy said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I hate moving! Sorry you have to deal with all that. But just remember that it's all temporary and will be worth it in the end! Like Sandra said, one step at a time and it will all work out. Just keep checking things off your list one at a time and celebrate every time you get to check anything off! - no matter how small!

Anonymous said...

I like the yard work the best.