Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A New Critter

Just had to report that I saw a new little critter in our backyard this morning that I've never seen in the wild here before (although Brian says he's seen them alongside the road at night). I just happened to look out the back door and saw a good-sized possum walk across our patio with a little baby clinging to its back. I called Hayley (the only one around), but by the time she came over it was out of our sight and when we opened the door to go out and look, it was nowhere to be seen.

I wonder if that's the critter that gets into our trash can all the time? We have one of those big trash cans with a hinged lid that we keep just behind our fence. Ever since we moved here, some animal gets in there and tears up the trash bags I put in it. I had been thinking it was raccoons, because it would have to be animal large enough and strong enough to get the lid open. But maybe it was the possum. Hmmm....

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I wonder how strong a possum is....you might need to put a hidden camera or something to catch the critter in action!