Monday, March 3, 2008

Story Update...

So, this morning before school I told Hannah how I had typed up her story and everyone was really impressed that she wrote it. She looked at me and laughed and said, "Mom, it was a show I saw!" Apparently it was a little video she watched on the WebKinz web site. She is pretty good at remembering dialogue from stuff she watches, so it would be interesting to see how much of what she wrote is word-for-word from the show. She thought it was pretty funny that we all thought she wrote it herself. :-)

(But she still is a good writer and likes to rhyme a lot!)

UPDATE:
I just got on the WebKinz Web site and found the little video clip Hannah had watched. It's pretty basic animation -- a couple of characters with dialogue bubbles (so she would have read it instead of just listened to it). She actually got it pretty close! She left out a couple of lines and mixed up the ending a bit, but overall, she quoted it fairly closely. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing...
:-) Of course she never claimed it to be her own story -- I had just assumed it was.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well, I just got on your blog and started reading from the top down, so I read about how Hannah got the story from a show before I actually read the story... but if I had read the story thinking that she had written it all on her own I would have been totally blown away! It would be interesting to see how close the show was to her writing...