The kids all got invited to a birthday party this afternoon for a little neighbor boy a couple of houses down (he was turning 5). They have a pool, which they heated for the kids to swim in. The kids were SO excited to go swimming, although Hannah had a little breakdown on me last night when she found out I had already packed up our swimming stuff (floaties & goggles) and she couldn't see how in the world she could have fun swimming without her goggles. (She did just fine.)
There were a lot of people there and most of the kids stayed in the hot tub (not as deep as the pool), so it was pretty crowded in there. I let Hayley play on the steps in the hot tub and the pool and she did okay staying there without me needing to get in with her. We were there about 3 hours and I had to drag the kids away to come home.
I noticed later that they all got sunburned (yes, Mom admits she wasn't even thinking about sunscreen). Courtney definitely tans the easiest, so her cheeks were hardly pink, but her shoulders were a little. The other three all have pretty pink cheeks (especially Hannah), and McKay & Hannah both had fairly red shoulders as well at bathtime tonight.
Poor Hayley was so worn out from the swimming and from not getting a nap all week that she conked out in front of the TV just before dinner. Now it is after 9:00pm and we're still trying to get them all settled down. (I'm sitting here at the computer in my bedroom because it never fails if I try to go downstairs and start cleaning up before the girls are pretty much asleep, I end up going up and down the stairs multiple times.)
It seems like Daylight Savings has been a lot harder adjustment for the kids this time around. Usually they adjust their schedules within a day or so, but this whole week has been a struggle to get them to bed. Then those that don't got woken up for school are sleeping in later than usual (although I have been trying to wake them up at a reasonable time). And of course the longer daylight hours don't help when you're trying to get kids to bed.
With Spring Break next week, they are really not going to want to go to bed on time! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment