Sunday, March 2, 2008

Once Upon a Rhyme

Okay, so I know this is my third post tonight, but I just had to put up Hannah's story that she wrote today. She is quite the little writer!

Hannah was really whining before church today that church was so boring. She kept trying to get me to let her take toys or games with her to church. Finally, she thought she would be okay if she could write a story in a notebook, so I let her borrow a notebook I had and she got right to work as soon as we got to church. This is her story (if I can translate all the words right). I have gone ahead and added some commas and corrected all the spelling so it is easier to read. (It also needs some quote marks, but I added hard returns to help you figure it out.)

“Once Upon a Rhyme”

One day a princess said Oh what a beautiful day. I think that I will stay outside and play.
Now wait a minute in time, why am I only speaking in rhyme?
Ha ha ha ha ha you silly princess. I have put a spell on you!
That was a horrible thing to do. Remove the spell I command you!
I can’t it is a infinity spell.
Gasp…
A spell that lasts to the end of time! What life can I have while I rhyme?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Now your perfect princess life is ruined.
If I really concentrate, I can make rhyming great.
Oh you’ll never think of anything give up.
Now the tables have turned.
I know it, I will become a professional poet!
Noooooooooooooooo.
Roses are red, violets are blue, be gone before I call the guards on you.
Back to the drawing broom.
Yippee. Good wins over evil that is what I have learned.
The End

2 comments:

Sandra said...

WOW! She definitely takes after you!

Tyler said...

Wow! I am very impressed. That is really good. I better watch out, Hannah may write and publish a book before I finish my book! =)