Friday, April 11, 2008

The Color Factory

Last night was the 1st Grade Program at the school. Hannah was so excited for all of us to come and see it. They did "The Color Factory" which is actually the same program McKay did when he was in Kindergarten.



Hannah had a short speaking part towards the end of the program. As luck would have it, I didn't get it captured on video camera or even get a regular picture of her up on the stage. But she did a great job with her two lines!

These programs always have so many parents and not enough seats that you have to get there plenty early and even then, it's hard to see what's going on. Hannah was on one of the lower risers, so we could barely see her (Courtney & Hayley couldn't see much of anything without standing on their seats, which we couldn't let them do, so they pretty much complained and whined the whole time we were there).

I had my telephoto lens on my camera and was able to get a couple of shots of Hannah by trying to peek around people's heads in front of me. (The biggest problem I've noticed with my telephoto lens is that people always have red eyes.) Here she is singing some of the songs:


She was sad when I told her afterward I missed getting her part on video, so we stopped outside on the way back to the car and I taped her saying it, plus took one more picture with the painter's hat:


It was a cute program, but I am also glad that we're done with school programs for the year! (At least until Courtney's preschool "graduation," but that's not an evening event that the whole family attends.)

No comments: