I saw this idea on my niece's blog and liked it so much I decided to copy. :-) (Of course, I had to go back a decade further on mine because I'm getting old!)
Thanks to our trusty family newsletter, I was able to look up pretty much exactly what I was doing during these time periods -- I kept it Spring time frame (Mar-May). I also found a few pictures to include (some of the older ones are approximate on the time frame -- my pictures are all packed right now so I had to go with what was already on the computer somewhere).
Where Were You...
30 Years Ago...
I was a happy 7 1/2 year old, living with my family (5 kids at the time) in a little student apartment in University Village while my dad attended law school at the University of Utah. We got to go see "Return to Witch Mountain" in the theater and "Star Wars" had just come out. My mom made us all matching Easter dresses and I was playing songs like "Teach Me to Walk" on the piano for the school talent show and in Sacrament Meeting.

20 Years Ago...
I was a senior in high school getting ready to graduate. I had just gotten my first pair of glasses and was getting ready to take 5 AP tests.

10 Years Ago...
I was dealing with my first experience of morning sickness as we were so thrilled to be finally pregnant with our first baby (after trying to start our family for about 7 years). I was busy working as a freelance writer and doing articles for scrapbook magazines. We bought our Ford F150 truck, finally adding a second vehicle to the household.


5 Years Ago...
Life was busy with 3 little kids, Courtney being our baby at the time. I was doing a co-op preschool group with McKay, Brian was busy building a playset for the backyard and I got to take a little break for a fun "Sister Party" with Brian's sisters in Colorado.
3 Years Ago...
We'd added a 4th baby to our family, who gave us all a scare when she bounced her bouncer seat off the kitchen counter. We had some fun family trips to the Houston Aquarium and the San Antonio Temple Open House and were getting ready for McKay's Kindergarten graduation.
(Maybe this is why I have back problems!)

1 Year Ago...
Life is busy! McKay has his first Pinewood Derby and is playing YMCA baseball, Hannah is doing soccer and getting ready for Kindergarten graduation, Courtney is busy in her co-op preschool group and Hayley is a sweet toddler.

1 Month Ago...
It's the start of Spring Break and we are busy painting and cleaning and painting some more, getting our house ready to go on the market. (We do get a fun day during Spring Break to go and play at the lake at my uncle and aunt's home.) It's also the week before Easter and the bluebonnets are in bloom!

1 Day Ago...
was Tuesday, so that meant getting two kids off to school in the morning, dropping Courtney off at preschool, dropping Hayley off at her co-op preschool, coming back home to mop floors, vacuum, pick up, make beds, etc. until it's time to pick Hayley up. Then it's clean some more, have lunch, pick Courtney up, clean some more, wait for the school bus, nag kids about doing homework and practicing the piano, fix dinner and get everyone to bed!
Today...
Was spent picking up, cleaning (surprise, surprise), grocery shopping at Wal-Mart with two little girls who were pleasantly more helpful and happy to be shopping than usual and waiting to see if there would be any house showings (there weren't -- but we have two scheduled for early tomorrow morning!)
2 comments:
Wow....that's cool. I'll have to do that, when I have time to look up pictures and stuff! Thanks for sharing!
I think it's great that you have everything written down and could go back and find all that stuff! (Makes me feel bad for not writing to the newsletter more!)
Post a Comment