I just had to post a quick recap of our day's adventures today. I sure hope every day is not like today!
Today was the monthly realtor "tour" for our "village" here -- basically realtors that have listings in a geographical area can host an open house for other realtors to come and see the home. Our realtors like to do these open houses because they get a lot of feedback from the realtors as to what does or doesn't show well, etc. (They serve lunch and offer door prizes and everything to entice people to come.)
The open house was from 11-2, so I started cleaning last night and then this morning got the kids off to school and dropped the girls off at preschool at 9, then came back home and hurried to finish mopping and vacuuming, etc. I was just finishing putting everything back in place about 10:30 when our realtors came to start setting up (and a couple of realtors even came while I was still here).
I left and went over to the school to check out the book fair until it was time to pick Hayley up from preschool (and ended up buying several books). Then Hayley and I had a couple of hours to kill, so we ran a couple of errands (more shopping!) and had lunch together at the McDonald's inside Wal-Mart which was fun for just the two of us.
We picked Courtney up at 2:00 and headed home, when I decided to call and check if there were any messages on our answering machine. Sure enough, a showing had been scheduled that afternoon from 2:30-4:30. (It's kind of frustrating that they schedule a two-hour window when they're only at your house maybe 15 minutes.) So we stopped for a couple of minutes, grabbed some snacks and coloring stuff and headed over to the park.
About 3:15, we drove back over and parked across from our house to wait for the school bus, so we could hurry and grab McKay & Hannah before they tried to go inside. McKay asked if we could go to the music store since his piano teacher had just given him a gift card as a reward for passing off a certain number of songs. Why not? We've got nothing else to do (except homework in the car), so off we went.
After the music store (we ended up buying just a piano book of patriotic songs -- McKay had a hard time finding anything else he really liked), we headed home again. We got home about 4:40pm, and dumped all the backpacks, shopping bags, coloring books, etc. on the kitchen counter. After a few minutes, Courtney came running in from the backyard telling us there was a dead bird. So we all went out back to investigate.
While we were in the backyard (and yes, there were remnants of a broken egg and bird embryo or something, plus feathers everywhere), the back door opened and a lady popped her head out and said "Hi, we're here -- sorry we're late!" I thought about the huge pile and mess in my kitchen and was SO embarrassed. (She also commented that they were both LDS and were admiring the food storage in our closet!)
Needless to say, the kids and I stayed out in the backyard for about 10 minutes until they left. What a way to start off showing the house! :-) I guess it all goes with the territory, but I certainly hope we don't have many more days like today! (Brian hopes so too, because he said otherwise I'm going to end up spending a lot of money on all these time-to-kill shopping trips!)
No comments:
Post a Comment