Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sister Swingin'

I went outside earlier today after dropping Courtney off at a birthday party and found Hannah and Hayley swinging together. Hannah told me excitedly that she had taught Hayley how to swing. I don't know if Hayley can really swing on her own (i.e. pump her legs) quite yet, but it was so cute to see them laughing and swinging together.


It's interesting to watch how the girls play together when one of them is gone. Courtney & Hayley usually play well together while Hannah is at school, but when she comes home it mixes things up a bit and the two of them don't keep playing together anymore. Today, Courtney was gone and Hannah & Hayley played really well. Of course, all three of them do play together sometimes too, but for some reason that tends to end up in fighting or someone getting hurt. :-)

The kids were in and out a lot today and I'm finding I'm already getting tired of dirty feet! They wear their sandals or crocs outside and take them off when them come in (big new rule with new carpet), but still their feet are pretty dirty since they weren't wearing socks. So we either have to wash off their feet with a wet paper towel or sit them on the counter and wash feet in the sink if they're really dirty. And then 10 minutes later they go right back outside to get dirty all over again... I suppose kids and dirt go hand in hand!

No comments: